Fast, straightforward, intuitive – The new update for AVL DiTEST diagnostics devices
AVL DiTEST has now released the summer update for the XDS 1000 multi-brand diagnostic system. With the new software version 2020-02, users will once again receive numerous additional functions, vehicle models and variants in order to make use of the entire performance range of the diagnostic system.
One focus of the summer update is to increase the coverage of control units that can be read. This concerns brands of the Renault Group and also includes additional error codes for interpreting errors in radio electronics and media interfaces in mass-market models. Another focus addresses power supply functions. For Ford models, the diagnostic system now provides new functions for teaching the battery electronics after the battery has been replaced. For Opel, the 2020-02 update includes additional diagnostic functions for working on safety-related systems, such as brake and airbag electronics. The range of diagnostic functions for engine electronics and comfort systems has also been expanded.
The advantages of the latest version of the software at a glance:
- Error codes and measurement values for high-voltage and battery charge management of electric vehicles.
- Additional diagnostic functions for the electronics of drive trains through to various comfort functions.
- Extended access to control units on Dacia and Renault models.
- Parking brake workshop mode for Mercedes-Benz and Ford Galaxy models.
- Broad model coverage: 75 manufacturers with 1,164 different passenger car, light commercial vehicle and HGV models. NEW: Updates for five brands with 33 different models.
"The last few months have been very demanding for garages and workshops. Due to measures to contain the coronavirus, mechanics and mechatronics technicians have often had to work on projects entirely separately, from the initial diagnosis all the way through to professional repair. With the AVL DiTEST XDS 1000 multi-brand diagnostic system, we offer the ideal tool to support workshops in professional and efficient diagnosis and repair," says Andreas Wittig, product manager at AVL DiTEST. "The diagnostic system is perfectly complemented by the AVL DiTEST XIS Pro repair database. It contains vehicle-specific maintenance schedules, removal and installation instructions, adjustment values, fill volumes, technical drawings and much more," adds Martin Hofmann, development engineer at AVL DiTEST.