Leakage test for batteries
AVL DITEST leakage tester
The AVL DiTEST leakage tester is able to test the tightness of a battery housing and the cooling circuit by applying pressure to the battery and monitor the change rate of the pressure.
In case of repairing a battery, the housing needs to be opened. After closing and sealing it, the tightness needs to be proved. This can be done by pumping up the housing to a pre-selected level of pressure and monitoring the pressure drop over time.
Features at a glance
- Check of tightness of battery housing before installation
- Check of battery leak after repair
- Check of tightness of cooling circuit
- Measurement based on pressure drop
- Adaption according to each battery housing required, e.g. different plugs and blind covers
- Workshop-optimized: mobile and easy to use
- Guided information and process flow
- Pressure limits depending on battery type or application
- Report of results for documentation