Quickly and reliably pinpoint disturbing noises.
AVL DiTEST ACAM — acoustic camera
The AVL DiTEST ACAM makes the sources of noise visible by combining many microphones with a digital camera. The sound levels appear in the live camera image in colours indicating the intensity, and are overlaid on the optical image. Thanks to the simple, user-friendly software and the image-based results, the source of the disturbance can quickly be pinpointed without the user needing any special expertise. The compact design provides a high level of flexibility and allows for use while the vehicle is in operation.
- Locating noises in the interior (rattling, squeaking)
- Seal testing (door seals)
- Engine compartment: increased noise levels from bearings, drive belt and drive chain
- Lower troubleshooting times and simple documentation of unidentified disturbing noises
- "Right first time" – a greater chance of success and prevention of unnecessary parts replacement and repeated repairs
- Documentation of effectiveness of measures taken – recording before and after repair
- Dampening of background noises
- Refined operating concept allows for standalone use with a docked tablet, but also allows connection to a tablet or a standard PC using a USB cable
- Guaranteed long service life of the equipment due to robust, dust-proof and splash-proof casing
- High flexibility due to integrated rechargeable battery for mobile measurement operations
ACAM SHORT VERSION EN
ACAM FULL VERSION EN
ACAM in detail
Acoustic Camera - Theory of Operation
It is possible to locate the sources of noise by integrating many microphones and an optical camera in the vehicle. The sources of noise are located by analysing the differences in propagation time of the sound waves relative to the different microphones. At the same time, both the intensity and the position are shown on the display. By adjusting the measurement parameters, background noise interference can be blocked out.
- Overlaying the optical and acoustic image
- Progress of the frequency spectrum over time
- Current frequency spectrum
- System settings