Battery status check
AVL DITEST IRP
AVL DiTEST IRP (Internal Resistance Probe) is a service equipment for local use in your workshop. With this tool, you can measure a module internal resistance and the resistance of the connectors (busbar) of individual modules of the traction battery.
Healthy battery packs have low internal resistance of the modules, and low resistance of the connectors and busbar. With aging, or when the battery module or busbar gets defective, those resistances can increase. It causes battery overheating when high currents are delivered on demand, for example, during accelerating. It results in voltage drop and reduces power output of the battery.
Features at a glance
- Measuring the internal resistance of a battery module
- Measuring the resistance of the module-to-module connection including the contact resistance
- Workshop-optimized: mobile and easy to use
- Easy and reliable check of battery condition
- Detection of defective modules
- Detection of defective connectors between modules
- Safe operation
- Intuitive operator guidance
- Free adjustable current and pulse duration
- Report of results for documentation