XDS Update Manager: Offline Installation
For PCs that are not connected to the Internet, you can also install the XDS Update Manager offline.
In the following step-by-step instructions, you will learn how to first install the Update Manager and then the offline data packages and then activate the XDS 1000.
If you follow the individual steps, all the required files can be transferred together using a USB stick.
The XDS Update Manager and offline packages must be installed on the diagnostic computer.
Copying already installed programmes or packages will lead to errors.
Step 1: Installing the XDS Update Manager
If you have already installed the XDS Update Manager, skip step 1.
1. Download AVL DiTEST XDS Update Manager.
The Windows10 operating system and an AVL DiTEST VCI 1000 are needed to install and use XDS Update Manager. We recommend downloading XDS Update Manager using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
2. Copy the installation file to a USB stick or portable hard drive.
3. Connect the USB stick or portable hard drive to the target computer and double-click on the .zip file, then double-click on the .exe file.
4. Click on “Further information” and “Run anyway”.
5. Follow the installation instructions.
6. Complete the installation.
Step 2: Installing the offline data packages
1. Download the offline packages.
2. Unzip the zip file by right-clicking on the file. Then click on “Extract all”. Close the “Extract” window.
3. Copy the unzipped folder to a USB stick or portable hard drive.
Extract first and then copy, as files over 4 GB may cause complications.
Minimum size 8 GB.
4. Connect the USB stick or portable hard drive to the target computer.
5. Carry out the installation by executing the “XDS_Update_Manager_Offline_Packages” file from the “XDS_Update_Manager_Offline_Installation.bat” folder.
A black window opens briefly and the XDS Update Manager appears.
6. Wait until the offline packages have been installed.
Step 3: Activating the XDS 1000
1. Connect the VCI 1000 with the USB interface of your tablet/PC and the diagnostic socket of the vehicle.
2. Double-click on XDS.
3. Choose your VCI
If the VCI is connected to the PC via a cable, a connection via cable is automatically established. If no cable is connected, the connection is established via Bluetooth. It may take a few minutes to complete the automatic interface setup process.
If new firmware is available for the VCI 1000, a message is displayed and the firmware of the VCI 1000 is updated.
4. Select any vehicle
5. Click on AutoScan or ECU List and take your serial number
Step 4: Activate your device
- Insert your email address
- Insert your serial number or registration code of your VCI 1000.
- Click on Request activation code.
You will find the serial number (SN)
(= registration code) in the pop-up window of your software.
If you are using a VCI1000, you will find the serial number (SN) (= registration code) on the back of your device.
You will receive your 25-digit activation code. Enter this code under „Product activation“.